The GED Testing Service partnered with Zehno to position the GED as an essential component of the American educational and economic landscape. After completing a communications audit that outlined integrated marketing tactics, Zehno created a new visual identity for the GED Testing Service. The new visual identity connected the GED with its target audiences, by showing test takers as strong, successful individuals moving ahead.
- Lay the groundwork for improving public perception about the value of the GED credential.
- Communicate that the GED Testing Service’s original nonprofit mission of serving the test taker community was not diminished by its new joint venture with Pearson, a corporate leader in educational testing.
- Cast the GED organization as a go-to resource in the field of adult education/literacy for policymakers, media and others.
By presenting facts about the GED alumni base, which is bigger than any American university’s, repositioned the organization as contemporary, forward thinking and sharp — and its credential as a link to college and careers.
Surveys from the annual conference of state GED test administrators, a key audience, reported perceptions about the new materials and the new organization as “professional, excellent, informative, progressive and uplifting.”
The GED’s new extensive visual identity program equipped the in-house team with the knowledge to launch the brand across various communications tools.
What Zehno did
- Audit and strategic recommendations.
- Campaign: Transitional visual identity program that included new logo, extensive brand guidelines.
- Created initial projects: Brochure, fact sheets, microsite design and conference materials.
Tips for your team
Use infographics to showcase research and high-level stats that prove your organization’s importance.
- Build your brand with dynamic profile photography that tells your student’s success stories.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Zehno can help you move the needle. Read more about our branding services.