Zehno learned from an image survey that much of the Bay Area wasn’t aware of the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose’s work and educational mission. They needed to bring public awareness to the breadth and reach of their ministries so that they could generate support for the new capital campaign and cultivate long-term fundraising.
- Determine perceptions of key audiences.
- Develop branded communications that emphasize the congregation’s relevance, vitality and uniquely Dominican spirit.
- Prove the impact of fundraising to a primary audience unaffiliated with the congregation.
Capital project fundraising garnered a $7.5-million challenge grant, allowing for groundbreaking of a building that included an adult daytime memory care, arts center and assisted-living facility for sisters.
Positioned the sisters to fulfill a $20 million campaign goal to expand their outreach, share their Motherhouse campus and foster a circle of mission-aligned partner organizations.
The sisters received substantial funding on a pioneering project to train a new generation of sisters for leadership in a multicultural world.
What Zehno did
- Brand vision: Brand audit, brand identity, key messages.
- Capital campaign: Print and interactive tools.
- Magazine design: Redesign, content strategy, templates and training.
- And more.
Tips for your team
- Branding builds awareness, connections and identity for all organizations, including congregations and their key audiences.
- Turning your community partners into brand ambassadors doubles your reach.
- Build deeper connections with donor prospects by balancing your communications with informing and asking.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Zehno can help you move the needle. Learn more about our development campaign services.